Creating Circles of Support for people with learning disabilities

Tuesday 3 February 2009

If I Could


If I could turn my head and look into your eyes,
Would you see me?
If I could stretch out my arm, and touch your hand,
Would you feel me?
If I could move my legs and walk with you,
Would you follow me?
If I could talk to you about the things you like,
Would you sit with me?
If I could cry tears of sadness when things go wrong,
Would you comfort me?
If I could be a shoulder for you to cry on,
Would you lean on me?
If I could hear the music, and feel it’s beat,
Would you dance with me?
If I could tell of adventures, of holidays spent,
Would you share yours with me?
If I could paint a picture, of how I felt,
Would you listen to me?
If I could do these things, would you be my friend, would you laugh with me?
If I could do these things, would you be my friend,
Would you want to be?


Pam Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment